Friday, May 14, 2010
The SFPUC City Distribution Division will continue to use an area of the property at the Laguna Honda Reservoir. This area is just inside of the gate on Clarendon Ave. Activities and facilities for the site were the topic of a community meeting held on April 20, 2010. Below are some of the highlights of that community meeting:
With respect to the ongoing and regular use of the site by our Dive Team, here are the current plans:
• Regular activities at this site will be limited to the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, with usually no more than one Diver Supervisor dealing with office work. The majority of the Divers are working at dive sites throughout the city. The Dive Team has three passenger trucks, so there will never be more than that number parking there at any given time.
• Once it has been placed on the site the trailer will provide office space for a couple of diver supervisors and a small work shop to repair and maintain items such as air stations, helmets, dry suits, ROVs, cameras, power and light units, and filling air cylinders.
• Construction related to the trailer will be limited to placement of lattice screens/fences to obscure the structure from view.
A pad and structure have been installed close to the fence and gate on Clarendon Ave.
• The PG&E equipment referred to on the pad is a transformer with switch gear. It makes no sound and hence no reportable decibels. The structure surrounding the transformer is 8 feet tall by 3 feet deep by 7 feet long.
• Once the transformer is fully operational, the temporary generator will be removed.
We are planning a follow up with the community on Tuesday June 8th, stay tuned for more details.